The work has not been graded but I like the output that was submitted to me. Is it possible for the same prof to do the next assignment I will be submitting? If possible, I will greatly appreciate it.
Chapter 5 – Critical Thinking
Directions: See Grading Rubric Below and Example Attached, please use the attached file as reference along with the video below.
Each chapter of this book will ask you to write reflectively about the material you have just read. What did I learn? What’s the most valuable thing(s) I learned? What doesn’t work for me? Why doesn’t it work and how can I make it work? This is another way to remember the content of the chapter, so you might try it with your other classes as well.
Work in a Word Processor. Click on ‘Submit Assignment‘ and Copy/paste the questions into the text box. Answer all the questions. Save on your computer before submitting to your instructor. Or, Attach your file to assignment.
Important! Be sure to use quotes/examples from the textbook and reference with page numbers for each question. You may also use the PowerPoint for reference. Please state the slide number. Use PowerPoint reference only occasionally per week and when appropriate. Your main reference source is the textbook. Put your reference numbers in parenthesis. Example: (pg. 10 or slide 11). You may also use web or module video reference which must be underlined.
1. How does college encourage critical thinking? Explain your answer.
2. How do critical arguments differ from emotional arguments? Give an example.
3. Based on the definitions in this chapter, do you believe you already are a critical thinker? If so, tell why. If not, tell how you plan to become more of one.
4. Some students will complain that “the teacher should have all the answers.” They resent when a teacher says, “I’m not sure. What do you think about that?” How would you characterize these students’ attitudes?
5. Think about one or more careers you hope you wind up in. They don’t have to correlate with your academic major at this point, but they should be fields about which you have a passion. How might you use critical thinking in those fields? How would it help you do a better job?
6. Think of a time when you viewed a problem as having only a “right” or “wrong” solution. Upon reflection, do you still believe that there was only one clear-cut solution? How might things have turned out differently, if you had been willing to explore alternative solutions or to withhold judgment?
7. What behaviors are you willing to change after reading this chapter? How might you go about changing them?
8. What did you learn from watching the video for chapter 5?
9. Is there anything else on your mind this week that you’d like to share with your instructor? If so, add it to your journal entry.
Journal Grading Rubric
Guidelines for Journal Chapters
Full Points Credit – 50
· Thoroughly and Completely answers each question
· Gives personal thought as to how chapter material applies to you
· States examples from textbook and gives reference page numbers from textbook for each answer
· Explains personal situations as related to the material
Half Points Credit – 49 – 25
· Answers each question with one sentence
· Shows little personal thought as to how chapter material applies to you
· Gives some or no examples from textbook and some or no reference page numbers from textbook
· Has no personal situations as related to the material
Under Half Points Credit -24 – 0
· Does not answer each question
· Use of yes/no answers with out explanation
· Lacks any personal thought about the chapter material
· Does not attempt the assignment
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more